Media & Guest Appearances
- Forrager with David Crabill. Build a Food Business (and Life) That You Love. April 12, 2022
- UMAI Social Circle with Umai Marketing. Early Stage Essentials for CPG. March 30, 2022
- Startup to Scale with Jordan Buckner. The Challenges of Starting a CPG Business. January 24, 2022
- Bask in Friendship by Breck and Sally. Friendship After a Big Life Change: Divorce. May 2021.
- Tent Talk by Farmers Market Pros. Finding Success as a Packaged Food Producer. February 2021
- Contender Cast by Justin Honaman. Food Biz Success: Start and Grow Your Food Business. January 2021
- My Food Job Rocks by Adam Yee. What to Do Before You Start a Food Business. April 2020
- Brand Secrets and Strategies by Daniel Lohman. Food Biz Success Strategies. November 2019
- Real Food Brands by Katie Mleziva. The 5 Mistakes Food Startups Make. May 2019
- Cultivation Station by Colorado Department of Agriculture. You Can Be a Marketing Hero. November 2019
- Food Biz Wiz by Allison Ball. From Idea to Launch; How to Start your Food Business. November 2019
- The Reset by Franklin Taggart. Food Business Success. February 2019
- Founded in FoCo Podcast. Startup FoCo Podcast. February 2019
- The Reset by Franklin Taggart. Make Your Own Way. June 2017
- The Life Coach School. Sari Kimbell: CPG FOOD BUSINESS COACH.
- Food Finance Institute. Sari Kimbell – Encouraging Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Better Tasting Food
- Go Solo. Food Business Success - Sari Kimbell
- Shoutout Colorado. Meet Sari Kimbell | Success Guide for Entrepreneurs starting a packaged food business
- Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship. University of Wisconsin System. Sari Kimbell: Encouraging Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Better Tasting Food
- Larimer Small Business Development Center Network (SBDC). Consultant Spotlight: Sari Kimbell.
- Voyage Denver. Meet Sari Kimbell of Food Business Success in RiNo
- ReciPal. A Guide to Licenses for Food Businesses.
- Retail Solved - Brand Secrets And Strategies. Food Biz Success Strategies. April 2020
- Branchfood. Going Hyper Local in Times of COVID: Support Your Community and Your Cash Flow. May 2020.
- Make Your Own Way Media by Franklin Taggart. Starting Your Own Food Business. June 2017.
Hello! It's nice to meet you!
My name is Sari Kimbell and I am a Consumer Packaged Food (CPG) Industry Expert.
My passion is helping people start and grow successful packaged food and beverage businesses.
In 2009 I took a position I had no qualifications for on an organic farm in Colorado to create a small wholesale program to sell our produce, meat and eggs to restaurants and independent stores. Over two years, I built the business to be a significant part of the farm's revenue. Our brand was featured on menus and in stores throughout Colorado and Wyoming and my passion for local food was born.
After three years, I left the farm for Whole Foods Market. First as a buyer, then as local vendor success manager for the region, and then as the Marketing Director for the third highest grossing store in the Rocky Mountain Region. I won awards for growing sales, but my personal mission was to help local producers who worked so hard to get ON the shelves, get OFF the shelves into customers' baskets. This is how a small food brand thrives.
That's me in the farm fields in 2010 for an article in the local paper. ➡️
In 2015, I left Whole Foods Market. I wasn't exactly sure what my next step was. I managed a commissary kitchen and met so many passionate entrepreneurs who just wanted to get their product made, but had no idea what they were getting into and how to actually be profitable.
After working with hundreds of food entrepreneurs just like you, I created Food Business Success® to help you feel confident and capable in your business. I give you a process that saves you time and money so you can get to the business of starting their dream. What if you never had to worry if you were doing it "right" again?
The time is right for small producers. We need more products just like yours.
Let's turn your delicious passion into a profitable food business!